IS STRESS OR BURNOUT OVERSHADOWING YOUR HAPPINESS?
Stress and burnout negatively impact business productivity and personal happiness. Many workplaces work against themselves by creating stressful workplaces. Poor communication, constant change and a “do more with less attitude” can lead to overwhelming stress and ultimately burnout.
Or you may be juggling the financial and emotional demands of single parenting, or simply the reality of living in our go-go-go society. Maybe you are in the “sandwich generation” caring for yourself, your children and aging parents. Our bodies can only handle so much emotional and physical stress before they break.
Additionally, unresolved cumulative stressors from as far back as childhood can reduce our ability to manage stress effectively.
DO I HAVE SYMPTOMS OF CHRONIC STRESS OF BURNOUT?
- Unable to unwind for sleep, and if you do sleep never feeling rested or chronic over sleeping to avoid present day realities
- Lack of “pep” for everyday activities including work, home life and hobbies
- Decreasing ability to tolerate or empathize with family, friends or colleagues
- Multiple stressors over a short time frame such as – increase in workload or work expectations, changes in workplace structure, multiple losses that may include but are not limited to loss of employment, marriage, death of loved one or any significant life changes
- Decrease in sexual drive
- Chronic health conditions such as low energy, body pain or headaches that cannot be diagnosed nor respond to treatment
- Desire to withdraw or forget problems through TV, pornography, drinking, gambling, video Games, drugs
- Feeling that you cannot handle one more disappointment or change
- Medical treatment for depression or anxiety has not provided any improvement in mood or decrease in anxiety.
“Thus if we look at the driven work and love patterns typical of burnout people, we will find in them an underlying yearning to contribute and make a difference. To redirect this yearning, we need to explore new ways of contributing that honour ourselves well.” – Dina Glouberman, The Joy of Burnout.
YOU CAN LEARN TO MANAGE STRESS AND RECOVER FROM BURNOUT
Working together we will look at the stressors in your life with the goal to finding ways to live with the stress or let go of the stressor. Often our thinking patterns can create or compound stress, making matters worse. Changing how we think about our expectations can relieve some stress. Learning critical coping tools can dramatically restore the balance we all crave both physically and emotionally.
“We can only choose to be more fully ourselves.” – Dina Glouberman
If you’re ready to relax and recover please contact me for your complimentary
15 minute consultation or to book your appointment.