It is difficult to face the day when we awake with the sinking feeling that your life has been a disappointment. No matter what you try you can’t obtain your dreams or life goals. You may feel haunted by the possibility of repeating past mistakes or feel “stuck” unable to find the clarity, confidence or courage to make a next step. You are a smart, hardworking person! What’s wrong?
“We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
AM I REALLY DISILLUSIONED?
If you identify any of these characteristics you may be dealing with disappointment or disillusionment:
- You feel stuck,concerned about making a wrong step
- People give you conflicting information about what to do or not to do
- You’ve tried to make life changes but it turned out badly
- You realize something’s wrong but don’t know what it might be
- You are discontent with many aspects of your life
- Many parts of your life are working well, but one or two parts seem doomed
- You are successful but feel like a failure
- You find yourself in the same reoccurring patterns, with the same outcomes
“If you don’t like who you are and where you are, don’t worry about it because you’re not stuck either with who you are or where you are. You can grow. You can change. You can be more than you are.” – Zig Ziglar
STOP SPINNING YOUR TIRES!
There’s a saying that goes, “All we know is all we know.” Often people who are competent in one area of life, say their work world, continue to feel stuck in the emotional or relational world. Despite applying helpful techniques there has been no change. It might be time to look at your life from a different perspective.
We ALL have blind spots and areas of our life where we self sabotage or are missing critical skills. Counselling is for anyone who wants to become more self aware so they can improve their life. It can be helpful to have someone put a new perspective on your struggles and watch new doors open as a result!
Contact me today to book your appointment or your 15 minute no charge consultation