ANXIETY AND WORRY – YOU KNOW IT WELL!
Anxiety can be shifty. It can appear as a constant worry in your mind, a full-blown panic attack or anything in between. Anxiety can be an occasional visitor or a constant companion that borrows trouble. It can be an annoyance keeping you awake a few nights a week or it can keep you from applying for a new job, getting on a plane or socializing.
Anxiety can begin after a trauma such as a car accident or can be long term unwelcome visitor. Whatever the form or cause of anxiety counselling will help quiet your mind and can ultimately remove the roots of worry.
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid?”
– Spencer Johnson
SYMPTOMS OF ANXIETY
- Constantly worrying about a problem without reaching a solution
- Difficulty concentrating or mind going blank
- Social isolation
- Worrying with a focus on either the past or future
- Visualizing un-rational situations or consequences to things that have not happened
- Anger issues
- Racing, repetitive or obsessive thoughts you can’t control
- Being afraid, fearful
- Difficulty dealing with change
- Difficulty trusting other people
- Muscle tension & Irregular breathing
- Attending an Emergency Room because you thought you had a heart attack but were told their were no issues with your heart
IT’S TIME FOR A QUIET MIND
Anxiety often begins after a traumatic event. After this event the brain continues in the fear loop. This can be an event you remember like being bullied at school or a car accident, but sometimes it’s an event you don’t consciously remember or link to worry and fear. Whether you remember the event or not there are ways to harness calm in your mind.
Once you have received some initial tools to calm your brain we will look at the root of the anxiety and get rid of it once and for all.
It’s time to have a quiet, calm mind.
Contact me for a free 15 minute phone consultation to discuss how I can help